Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Preschool and 10 Months


Today this girl took off for her first day of preschool. She has been so excited to head off to school and we have been talking about it for a long time. I really debated sending her this year or not, and it became more and more clear that Belle was ready for school.

Belle is busy. She is a kid that moves from one thing to the next. She loves to play with dolls, watch movies, ride her bike, color, paint, make Evie laugh, go to the zoo, read books, etc, etc, etc....and this is just enough activities to keep her busy for a few hours :-)  This girl needs more activity than I can give her.

So, it was decided that Belle was sure ready for school. I just hope that school is ready for her! I have a feeling I am going to be hearing some stories from Miss Katie and Miss Jeni of things Belle says and does.

Also today, Evie turns 10 months old!  I always say that I am amazed at how fast things go, but this first year has been flying by!

Evie is crawling everywhere and pulling herself up onto everything.  She continues to be a very easy and happy baby.  She loves to watch Belle and often abuses poor Mac by eating his ears or pulling his tail.  She also has a HUGE desire to splash in Mac's water bowl and eat his food.  My day is often spent fishing dog food out of her mouth and pulling her hands out of his water!


While celebrating each of these milestones today, I still remember what happened in our country 11 years ago.  September 11 is a reminder that life is precious.  Thank you to the soldiers and their families who sacrifice so much, and may those who hurt from having lost ones they love find peace and comfort.  I hope I remember to hug my girls and the ones I love tightly everyday and to cherish each moment I have with them.


No comments: