How in the world has a year gone by already? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was waiting impatiently to go into labor to finally meet you. It has been one amazing year with you and I cannot tell you enough how loved you are. Each year I write down everything I don't want to forget about you this past year, and I have so been looking forward to my list of "Evie Favorites." You, my girl, are a gem with more personality than I anticipated!
- You came into this world with a little surprise and drama by being an emergency c-section due to us finding out you were breech right when I was ready to push. I wasn't quite prepared for that sort of delivery, but you were well worth it, and I really wouldn't change it. It is part of your story :-)
- You know you have to be one special little girl to have been born on 11-11-11. Your dad actually guessed this date all along. He kept telling me he wanted you on the 11th, which I wasn't thrilled with because I was due on the 9th and didn't want to go over. I'm happy I did :-) I love the reaction I get from people when I tell them your birthdate.
- You have been a really laid back baby. You only really cried when you were tired, hungry, or needing a diaper change. You never had any AWFUL nights, and I was more than surprised with how much easier my mom instincts kicked in the second time around.
- You think you sister is HILARIOUS. Belle can make you laugh and smile when I can't. I will often tell her to make you laugh while we are in the car if you are crabbin', and most often she can do it no problem.
- Your hair. You have had quite the head of hair since day one. Your hair never fell out and just kept growing. You have ended up with some curls on the side and on top--giving you the nickname "Cindy Lou Who."
- You sure have some baby blues. Wow. People comment on your eyes all the time, and it is obvious. Those eyes of yours are crowd stoppers.
- When you don't get what you want you get SO mad. You scream, and wave your arms. This just recently started happening. It's nice to know you have some of your mom's fiestyness in ya, but it often drives me nuts too. You can screech!
- You are one curious bugger! Ever since you could crawl you have been into EVERYTHING. You are interested in everything but toys. You want to get into cupboards, purses, drawers, etc.
- You won't keep any sort of bow or hat on your head. As your mother who LOVES to crochet, this doesn't fair too well for me when I want to put cute hats on you that I have made.
- You have always been a great night sleeper, but not so much of a great napper. I think you just truly enjoy being awake and in the know of what is happening. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE that you sleep through the night, but I sure wish you wanted a bit more sleep during the day too.
- When you are mad you like to flail your arms and hit your head. I can't help it, but I laugh a lot when you do this because it is hysterical to watch.
- Often when I have picked you up from nursery I have been told that you are their entertainment or the happiest baby there. It makes me one proud mama.
- You have an infectious smile and laugh at everything. It is soooo easy to get you belly laughing.
- You LOVE when people "chase" you. If I crawl behind you or follow you up the stairs you stop to turn around and make sure I am still there. Then you laugh and continue as fast as you can.
- You have always been the spitting image of your dad. It is uncanny how much you look like your father...although the older you get the more you start to look like your sister, who looks like me.
- You got your top front teeth first and have this hysterical laugh where you show your teeth, close your eyes, and laugh through your nose. It's my favorite.
- THANKFULLY, you have hardly been sick this year. This is extremely important because your dad and I missed our 30 day enrollment period to get you signed onto our insurance, therefore leaving you without health insurance for over a year. Let this be the first lesson we teach you. That 30 day enrollment period--VERY IMPORTANT.
- You sure know how to snuggle. I love nothing more than when I hold you and you lay your head right on me. Belle never did this. It melts my hear every single time.
- You HATE getting dressed or getting your diaper changed. I truly think it is because you are just too busy playing to want to stop to get clothed. Although, it may also be that you REALLY love being naked like your sister :-)
- You are so precious to us. We could never imagine our lives without you. You have been more amazing than we could have ever imagined! I cannot wait to see how you keep growing, and your personality evolves. You are such a gift from God and we are so thankful for you!