Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moving Forward. Moving Backward.

Lots is happening in this house over here. Somethings are progressing forward, and somethings are moving backwards. Let's start with the bad news.

You have all heard of Belle's sleep drama if you have brawn reading my blog. Otherwise, you can read all about it here. I had many people mention moving her back into a crib, which I was very adamant against. I thought that would be moving backward and I didn't want to have to do the whole drama of reintroducing her to the big bed again. I figured that if I just kept at it, then Belle would finally "get it" and stay in her bed and fall asleep on time. No such luck. We tried the Supernanny approach, which kept Belle in her bed, but still did not mean she was falling asleep. The girl would kick the wall, lean over the edge, and look out ther window. No sleep was happening. Thanks for helping me get my kid to stay in bed, Supernanny, but how do I get her to sleep?!

I finally gave in and decided to try her in a Pack 'n' Play. The results? She naps great. For awhile she was going to bed at night great too, and then she discovered the joys of jumping out. So, now I'm not so sure what to do. She jumps out and pulls everything out of her drawers. I might go get some baby proofing accessories to keep her drawers from opening. Who knows? It's kind of making me a crazy person. My poor girl is so tired and just cannot turn that brain of hers off.

Now for the things we are moving forward on....potty training! Belle is interested, and doing so great! She obviously has accidents, but asks to go on the potty. She wears her underwear, which is so cute on her little butt :). I am very excited about this endeavor, but at the same time I am nervous because I know this potty-training business can be a long-haul! It takes just as much effort on my end as Belle's end. Right now we have more successes than accidents, so I feel we are well on our way of getting rid of Belle wearing diapers. I can't even imagine!

No comments: