Friday, January 16, 2015

So, There Is This...


Okay, people, we need to chat.

I have been very nervous about the post.  A ton of fear, and not so sure, but figured I needed to get it out of the way.  I am scared what people are going to think of me, and I am SO afraid of failing altogether, so here goes...

I am officially a LuLaRoe Fashion Consultant.

Whew.  That wasn't so bad, was it?

So, let me talk about this.  I really shouldn't care, but I have been so worried about what people are going to think about this.  Ha, "there goes Betsy on her next adventure!"  And, yup, I am onto my next adventure and really excited about it.  I promise I am not a flaky direct sales hopper.  To be quite honest Younique was my first "go" at direct sales, and I didn't mind it!  It was fun, and empowering to make a bit of extra money.  It made this SAHM feel even more important.  However, I noticed that after my friend, Emily (Or Lakeside LuLaRoe), got my hooked on LuLaRoe clothing I was posting WAY more pictures of my new leggings than I was mascara.

Don't get me wrong, Younique has GREAT make up.  I love it, and still plan to continue to use it.  I feel like it has helped me find an intrigue in direct sales, but it wasn't quite the right product for me.  For those of you who have purchased through me, and still want to order, I plan on still staying active.   I will no longer be doing Facebook parties or bulk orders, but feel free to order through me if you just want some mascara without any ties of a party or picking up.

So, onto this LuLaRoe.  I am sure most of you have seen my 102 million pictures on Facebook of my new leggings, or skirt or dress, or tunic....I. Love. This. Stuff.  It is comfy, it's cozy, and it's priced where this Dutch girl likes it.  Emily was a roommate of mine in college, and ironically we live pretty much across the street from each other.  This made it all too convenient for me to pop on over to her house to do a little shopping for more LuLaRoe.  I can't get enough!

A month ago I hosted my own LuLaRoe Pop-Up Boutique, and I had the time of my life!  Helping my friends pick out clothes, talking about what we liked, and ultimately sharing what I myself had fallen in love with was exhilarating.  I found myself wondering why I was still selling make-up, and had more than a few friends tell me I was selling the wrong product :-)

Me, with all my LuLaLoot I got from hosting a party!
That is how we made it to this point.  Eventually, I starting talking more with Emily about her business (she had put the bug in my ear multiple times, but I was stubborn), and after a lot of conversations with Paul about how LuLaRoe can fit into our family I signed on the dotted line.  It is scary and exciting all at the same time for me.

So, let me tell you about this amazing company I work for!

We have Pop-Up Boutiques!  Basically, I show up with all goods and racks (not as inappropriate as it sounds), and you invite your friends!  There are no catalogs, no ordering, no presentations, and no waiting for product.  You friends shop and go home the same day with new clothes!  The fabrics are always changing, so what is in my inventory one day might not be there the next day.  The great thing is that the hostess gets to earn free clothing for hanging out and shopping with her friends!

I am new at this, and Paul and I still have a bit of a learning curve to figure out with everything, but it's going to be epic.  I cannot wait to get started!   I know LOADS of you already came to the Pop-Up Boutique I had through Emily.  A launch party will be scheduled soon, and I'd love to invite you to come back and check out the fabulous new fabrics and bring a friend with you to share the LuLaLove!  Check out my Facebook page (and eventually Instagram), and I will be updating as inventory comes in (the most fun part of all of this) and the open houses I have each month.  I'm figuring out my availability for parties, but if you want in on the action first let me know!

And with that, let's party.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What an exciting new venture for you! You will do great and selling your passion is what it's all about! Don't for a single second worry what others think. Don't let the devil take away from your joy. Everyone who knows you respects you and will be excited to go along on this new adventure with you. Including me. I would love to host a pop up boutique! You are amazing at everything you put your heart into and this will be no exception. Go get em girl!

Anonymous said...

How is it going six months later?

The Stephens Family said...

I would love to know how it's going...I've been interested in selling LuLaRoe for a very long time

Gifford Party of 6 said...

Business is amazing and booming!! If you've been wanting to sell, you should!! Have you signed up yet? Do you have any questions?? :)

Gifford Party of 6 said...

Business is amazing and booming!! If you've been wanting to sell, you should!! Have you signed up yet? Do you have any questions?? :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren, I am researching becoming a consultant and pretty much decided on yes. Are things still going well for you? I found so much in common with what you are saying, it made me feel better! I am a sahm and I started with a direct sales company last year, but I'm just not passionate about the products and therefore am not excelling. I LOVE lularoe and a lot of my friends do too and none of them are consultants yet, so I feel like now is the time! Any advice for getting started? I'm trying to figure out everything I need before my inventory comes too, so any bits of advice would be so appreciated!

Butterfly said...

I would also like to know how it is working for you now? With selling younique and lularoe.

Butterfly said...

I would also like to know how it is working for you now? With selling younique and lularoe.