Sunday, April 3, 2011

1st Trimester

This pregnancy is very similar to my pregnancy with Belle, yet different at the same time.

I have been struggling with your basic nausea and fatigue, but it is different than my first pregnancy.  I had nausea with Belle, but this pregnancy feels very on and off nausea.  When I have it is is TERRIBLE, and when I don't I feel pretty great!  With Belle it was always a low-grade nausea that pretty much stayed the same from 7 to 15 weeks.  I have started taking ginger supplements and have tried sea-bands.  I was QUITE skeptical about the sea-bands, but sometimes I think they work!  Even if it is all in my head, it works :-)

The fatigue has also been different.  I think the reason it feels harder this time is because I can only sleep when Belle sleeps :-)  In my first pregnancy I could sleep whenever I wanted!  An adjustment, but I'm figuring it out.

All in all, I really can't complain too much.  The nausea and fatigue reassure me that all is going as it should.  I pray that this baby grows strong and healthy and that we hear a heartbeat at my appointment April 27. 

On a side note--Paul has started clearing out our basement because we start work on it next week to finish it off.  I am AMAZED at how much we have accumulated in our 5 years of marriage.  I have a feeling we will be throwing out or selling a lot of what was down there!

No comments: