Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bye Bye Privacy

I had to laugh today as I realized how I literally have lost all privacy and any sort of personal quiet time to myself until the kids go to bed.

Belle and I got up this morning and once I got her breakfast I went into the bathroom. Before I know it the door swings open and Belle says "you going potty, momma?" Yup.

I have also realized that if I don't shower before Belle wakes up, then it will be a challenge to fit it in. Today was one of those days I didn't wake before she did. So, I thought that I might try to fit it in with both girls up. Belle was in my room watching TV and I put Evie in the bouncy right outside the bathroom. Before I know it, my 2 year old is opening the curtain and saying "you nakey, momma? I shower too!". Belle runs and grabs her Barbie, and there we are. Belle, Barbie, and I in my not-so-big shower while Evie sits just outside in her bouncy. Meanwhile, Belle is running between the shower in my bathroom and the tub in her bathroom grabbing more toys.

I had a good laugh thinking about how this is life right now. Privacy for even 5 minutes is quite the luxury. Somedays I wish it was easier to find a little quiet time, but if I'm going to give it up I feel pretty blessed to be spending that time with my two girls. Most days are spent playing Play-Doh, watching Wonder Pets, making a mess in the basement, reading books, and snuggling on the couch. Yup, there are tantrums, crying, coughing, poopy diapers, times I lose my mind, and a messy house, but it's good. Life is real good.

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

Haha!! I love it! I wonder how that is going to go with me having a boy... hmmm... might have to plan shower times a bit more strategically once he gets older! :-)