Monday, April 16, 2012

Jesus Calling

After another rough night in the Thompson household I knew I needed encouragement somewhere. So, I decided to open my Jesus Calling book. I read this:

"TRUST ME, and don’t be afraid. Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly. You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable. Let Me lead you to the rock that is higher than you and your circumstances. Take refuge in the shelter of My wings, where you are absolutely secure.

When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunities. Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new. I lead you on from glory to glory, making you fit into My kingdom. Say yes to the ways I work in your life. Trust Me, and don’t be afraid."

Wow, if that wasn't on point for what I needed to hear! I then realized this was for yesterday, so I moved onto today's message:

"I am calling you to a life of thankfulness. I want all your moments to be punctuated with thanksgiving. The basis for your gratitude is My sovereignty. I am the Creator and Controller of the universe. Heaven and earth are filled with My glorious Presence.

When you criticize or complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do. From your limited human perspective, it may look as if I'm mismanaging things. But you don't know what I know or see what I see. If I pulled back the curtain to allow you to view heavenly realms, you would understand much more. However, I have designed you to live by faith, not by sight. I lovingly shield you from knowing the future or seeing into the spirit world. Acknowledge My sovereignty by giving thanks in all circumstances."

I think it was meant to be that I read both of those today! Time to give up my control and "let go, and let God." It's going to be okay and He will take care of us. Belle will be fine. I will get some sleep again. It's time to TRUST and GIVE THANKS. God has this.

No comments: