Monday, July 30, 2012

Half Way

Wow. I have made it 4 weeks into my couch to 5k training, and I must say that I am surprised at myself. First, I can't believe that I have actually made it a month without quitting. Second, I cannot believe that I can actually see improvement!

My first day of training I had to run a 60 second interval, and I felt like I had to really push myself at the end of it because I was so tired. Now, my longest interval is 6 minutes, and I have been about to couple it with other 4 or 5 minute running intervals. I am actually surprised that I am not completely dead at the beginning of my running intervals. For those confused, my couch to 5K program has me alternate running and walking for 30 minutes. Each week I increase the number of minutes I run.

By the end of this week I will actually my first 9 minutes straight. Not going to lie--I kind of want to cry when I think about it. However, I never thought I would run 6 minutes continuously! Heck, I remember asking Paul to pray for me when I went out to run 3 minutes straight!

I recently thought about listening to an audio book while I run. Sometimes all I think about is how tired I am, and I think maybe a book would help me focus my mind on something else. I might try it this week. Any good book suggestions?

4 more weeks to go until I am 5k ready, and then I am going to run the course for the Bridge Run so I am prepared on race day. Half way!!

No comments: