Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I have been a graduate student of Spring Arbor University since August 2008. I finally feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. One year from now I will have completed my program and will have a Master of Arts in counseling....more specifically school counseling. My program has basically involved heading to class EVERY Tuesday night since I began. When I first started this all seemed daunting. I can hardly believe that I have made it this far and only have one year left.

Now, I have one year left, but it is a big year. I will begin my internship in August, which involves devoting 20 hours of my week to the Caledonia Public Schools. This is very scary to me. I haven't been working since August 2009, and I am not ready to go back to work and give up some of my time at home with Belle. I love being home with her and watching her grow. She will be at a good age to pass her off to babysitters (and the babysitters are my mom and my sisters...VERY NICE), but it will still be tough to go back to some form of work.

In the end, I will have a degree. When I am ready to go back to work, I can go back to work...not go back to school. This is years down the road, but I know that I will be happy to have my degree completed at this time in my life rather when things get even more busy!

So, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will be glad when this year is completed, and will feel a huge sense of accomplishment. I will miss my cohort, but will be glad when we don't need t meet every Tuesday night. Say a little prayer that I persevere and that this years goes by fast....AND that I learn a ton in my internship and have a great experience.

No comments: