Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crochet Sites

I have had a few people message me and ask me where I get my patterns. I have made up a few of my own patterns, but have yet to write them out and put them out there for the world to see. Maybe I will get to this eventually.

Anyway, my two most favorite sites for patterns are:

Crochet Pattern Central and Ravelry


I have just been introduced to ravelry, but I was ecstatic when I found it! It has hundred and hundreds of patterns. Some of them are free, and others you can purchase. In general, it is patterns that are out there that other people have created and they are willing to share them with everyone else. For this, I am VERY grateful.

It's funny, because somehow my blog has turned into a crochet blog, although I still want to keep this blog true to sharing the life of my family. I created this blog to share what is happening with out family, but in many ways it has become a journal of our lives that I can look back on. Someday, I hope to be able to go back and show my kids all of the posts I wrote about them and what was happening in our lives at the time. In the midst of the family posts, they will be able to see how much their mom loves to crochet :-)

2 comments:

Lindsy said...

You could always create a new blog just for crochet stuff. :-) I think a lot of people do that. So good to see you yesterday!

Kate said...

I just found ravelry too! *love* I've just picked crochet back up after some time away and so it's been a bit to get things coming out just right. So nice to have my hobby back!